The open motto of Theta Chi Fraternity is Θηρόποσα Χείρ, which translates roughly to “an assisting hand”. The idea of serving others and helping those in need is one of the founding values of the fraternity, and as a result the men of Phi Chapter of Theta Chi Fraternity are preparing to sponsor their annual Days of Giving on the week of April 5th through the 9th.
The Days of Giving is a week completely dedicated to service, where the men of Phi Chapter plan events for each day that are aimed at helping others and serving the community. This year, the schedule is as follows:
- Monday, April 5th – Volunteering @ the YWCA
- Tuesday, April 6th – Blood Drive from 12 pm – 6 pm @ Theta Chi*
- Wednesday, April 7th – Blood Drive from 11 pm – 3 pm @ Theta Chi*
- Thursday, April 8th – Barbecue Benefit for Relay for Life — 5 pm – 7 pm @ Theta Chi*
- ($5/ Plate for Dinner, Sides, Drink, and Desert)
- Friday, April 9th – Highway cleanup
*Theta Chi Fraternity is located at 1307 N. University Dr., just east of NDSU’s campus*
We are asking the Fargo/Moorhead community to help support our Days of Giving project by donating blood on Tuesday or Wednesday and coming to our Barbecue on Thursday. All of the proceeds from the barbecue will be donated to NDSU’s Relay for Life, an event sponsored by the American Cancer Society to help fund research, education, advocacy, and service to cancer patients and their families.
We take great pride in serving others and in turn living the motto of our fraternity. Please feel free to contact us with any questions about the Days of Giving by sending an email to Tony Miller, our service/philanthropy chairman, at firstname.lastname@example.org.